Webinar Recap: Search Marketing Tactics For Online Retailers this Holiday Season
Thank you for attending our webinar, Search Marketing Tactics For Online Retailers this Holiday Season, organized by ClickZ Academy and sponsored by Marin Software. If you missed the webinar, you can access the on-demand recording here.
[You can also view & download the slides by clicking here.]
Throughout the webinar, we made reference to research, blog posts and other resources — we’ve posted them below for your reference:
• What is ROPO? [Research Online, Purchase Offline] – We covered this on Search Engine Watch in early 2011; its implications for both online and offline retail are far-reaching. Click through to read The ROPO Effect: Measure, Search & Destroy.
• Rising media costs – See Google’s earnings report from earlier this year, in which they indicated that average cost-per-click (CPC) was up about 8% over the first quarter of 2010, but actually decreased about 1% compared to the fourth quarter of 2010 (i.e. the holiday season).
• Using Google Insights to project search query volumes – See our four-part series on Search Engine Watch showing seasonal search query trends for a number of gifting occasions: graduations, back-to-school, the summer slowdown… and of course, the early extended holiday shopping season (which we learned today is germane to at least half of U.S. consumers):
• Gifting Online & Offline: A Seasonal Analysis
• Gifting Online & Offline: Not Just Holidays Anymore
• Gifting Online & Offline: Shopping and Behavioral Search
• 6 Ways Search Marketers Can Capitalize During Holidays & Seasonally
• Overview of Retargeting technology – See the video below for an introduction to retargeting (also referred to as remarketing). We’ve seen this tactic add tremendous value to paid search, organic search, display advertising, and even social media campaigns.
This is some text prior to the author information. You can change this text from the admin section of WP-Gravatar Paul Burani - Partner, Web Liquid Group. Connect with me on Google+ Read more from this author